"Inspiring. Very practical. Absolutely recommendable."
Dr. Martin Bornemann
What You Get
You receive powerful ideas, strategies, tips, tools and techniques that help you to
- Gain more impact
- Achieve results
- Become more successful
Join us for a mind-expanding look behind the scenes of the industrySelected Presentation Charts
Finance for Non-Financial People
By attending this practice-filled course you will
- Win Customers
Convince stakeholders by meeting the needs of physicians, experts,
patients, pharmacists, payers, and managers
- Grow Revenue
Increase sales and profits by developing a smart strategy and
implementing the appropriate tactics
- Strengthen Your Market Position
Increase market share by highlighting the value of your product and
by building a strong brand
Realize your full potential and achieve your goals
The workshop will focus on
- Solutions: Original insights solving real-life case studies
- Outcome: Practical tips for effective implementation
- Results: Recommendations for maximizing your impact
You will update your know-how using an approach that is
- Imaginative: Vivid examples and stimulating suggestions
- Grounded: Based on extensive industry-specific experience
- Personal: Discover and exploit hidden opportunities
This event is a dynamic and energizing learning experience.
Who Should Attend?
This workshop is designed for product managers and marketers early in their careers. It is also beneficial for more experienced managers who want to refresh their current know-how and for solution providers wishing to understand pharma marketing.
Participants will be asked to complete a one-page "pre-program questionnaire" to be returned prior to the workshop. This will help prepare a program tailored to their needs.
Why Should I Attend?
You will benefit from Gunter's experience in a very personal way. You will also get the best of three business books published in three languages. The resulting insights help you create the blueprint for your future professional success.
Testimonials from Similar Workshops
"A fabulous course - I wish I had attended this earlier"
"Your tips and recommendations enriched our work"
"A top seminar - I got a lot of ideas"
"You are helping us do better business"
Making Marketing Work For You
Identify your Success Criteria
- Overview of key performance indicators
- Intermediate criteria: Response rates, unique visitors, conversion rate, etc
- Financial objectives: Revenue, cash flow, return on investment (ROI)
- Your personal goals: Gain experience, enlarge network, realize aspirations
Develop a Clear Marketing Strategy
- Your roadmap to success
- Analysis: Investigate target group and marketing dynamics
- The SWOT analysis
- Capitalize on Opportunities
- Unmet need: Understand the prospect‘s problem
- Positioning: Develop a powerful message
- Attention: Arouse interest in content
- Benefit: Offer a fact-based solution
- Superiority: Show unique value and outwit the competition
- Validation: Support with reference, quote, story
- Behavior: Ask for action
- Getting professional support from outside
Build a Winning Brand
- Hallmarks of successful brands: The 4 'C's
- Enforce adherence to branding guidelines
- Resist your agency's temptations
- Address all senses creatively
- Trademark: Make brand name known
- Brand vocabulary: Identify distinctive words
- Core message: Concentrate key content into one sentence
- Bullet points: Formulate additional short statements
- Important number: Identify the most relevant number
- Memorable marks: Select a letter, syllable, symbol
- Easy legibility: Select appropriate font, size and contrast
- Proven layout: Choose an effective page format
- Right color: Use brand color
- Comprehensible tables: Optimize rows and columns
- Convincing graphs: Make diagrams crystal-clear
- Compelling visuals: Use suitable and consistent images
- Give-aways: Find appropriate objects
- Check: Test draft and adapt to feedback
Start a Dialogue with Your Customers
- Overview of channels
- Select effective communication routes
- Experts: Advisory boards, professional societies
- Events: Conferences, workshops, presentations
- Scientific publications: Abstracts, articles
- Personal contacts: Connect and network with people
- Market research: Interviews, focus groups
- Online: Websites, videos, social media, communities
- Public relations: Engage the media, work with journalists
- Advertising: Print and electronic adverts, brochures
- Sales force: Train and motivate representatives
- Direct marketing: Mailings
- Telephone service hotlines and call centers
- Continuing medical education
- Clinical studies
- Sponsoring societies and patient advocacy groups
- Imaginative actions
Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- CRM as a company-wide business strategy
- Manage your interactions with prospects and clients
- Ensure top-level support before starting
- Philosophy: One face to the customer
- Tackle business issues before choosing a technology
- Organize CRM around the customer and not products
- Estimate customer life time value (CLV)
- Navigate toward valuable clients
- Nurture customers and entice former customers to come back
- The challenge of implementing CRM
How to Implement Effectively
- Moving from theory to practice: Execute your plans
- Your recipe for accomplishment: Keep the project moving
- Write a comprehensive high-impact action plan
- Post deadlines and milestones: Make timelines visible
- Ensure follow-up and monitor performance
Harness the Power of Words (includes exercises)
- Develop the complete package to express your message
- Words can be jewels that convey your competitive advantage
- Employ words that are easy to imagine and have invisible pull
- Know the 'magic' words
- Employ words that inspire, excite and reassure
- Be careful with 'power talk'
- Follow the 'Question and Answer' scheme
- Remember Zarathustra: Speak the truth, but speak it pleasantly
- Edit your texts: 'Translate' into the positive version
- Examples for turning negative words into positive words
- Convert 'blind' headlines into interesting titles
- Insert purposeful subheadings
- Trial vocabulary revisited: Post it!
Choosing Layout, Style, Design (includes exercises)
- Sophisticated art work versus design that works
- Augment the impact of your text by placing bullet points
- Choose logotype, letter size, width of lines, spacing, background color
- Layout: Make best use of the most precious space
- The fine art of combining picture and text
- Always use a caption for your pictures
- Don'ts and Dos for captions
- Format for headlines
- Example: Rearrange layout
- Sophisticated art work versus design that works
Financials for Non-Financial People (including exercises)
- Break-even point
- Profit vs cash-flow
- Profit margin
- Return on Investment (ROI)
- Product contribution
- Net Present Value (NPV)
Health Economics and Outcomes Research (includes exercises)
- Marketing aspects of HEOR
- Cost-Minimization Analysis (CMA)
- Cost-Benefit Analysis (CBA)
- Cost-Effectiveness Analysis (CEA)
- Cost-Utility Analysis (CUA)
Becoming a Leader
- Keep in mind the key success factors: The 3 'P's
- Become the "go to" person
- Attract good people: Get talent on board
- Themes that excite people
- Provide an experience
- Educate your team members: Train them and teach them
- Demand performance: Make people deliver results
- Reward your people: Offer gifts and prizes
Shape Your Future
- Envision your future: A fulfilling career
- Design your personal blueprint
- Invest in your professional growth
- Expand your know-how
- Live up to your potential
- You will receive a hard copy of the course documentation.
- You can also download the course documentation.
- Changes in the actual program may occur.
- The live program will be adjusted to reflect the participants' wishes.
Informal style. Casual attire permitted and recommended.
You Receive the Best from Günter's Writings
Articles and columns in journals and newspapers
Flyer: Succeed with Know-How
Making Marketing Work For You
Book "Successfully Marketing Clinical Trial Results: Winning in the Healthcare Business", Gower Publishing, London (Your personal copy and a CD is included)
Günter Umbach, M.D., is a board-certified gynecologist, a former research fellow at the University of Texas, a Senior Associate of Management Centre Europe, a guest lecturer at several universities and a professional member of the Global Speakers Federation and the Institute of Management Consultants USA.
Clients in twelve countries include pharmaceutical and medical device companies as well as advertising agencies, clinical research organisations and communication firms. They profit from his experience as medical advisor, medical director and marketing director in the pharmaceutical industry.
Interviews, articles, videos, and three business books published in three languages illustrate how to benefit from scientific data, strengthen your brand and succeed in the healthcare market. For free tips, please visit www.umbachpartner.com
Once the five seats are taken, registration is closed. First come, first served.
Each participant will receive a "Pharma Marketing Certificate".
Workshop day I: 10:00 - 17:00
Workshop day II: 09:00 - 17:00
Snacks, coffee, lunch and refreshments are included.
Reserve your place now
Join us for an exciting program: Click here to register online